Posted to user@spark.apache.org by "mohit.goyal" <mo...@guavus.com> on 2014/03/21 06:24:16 UTC

Sprak Job stuck

Hi,

I have run the spark application to process input data of size ~14GB with
executor memory 10GB. The job got stuck with below message

14/03/21 05:02:07 WARN storage.BlockManagerMasterActor: Removing
BlockManager BlockManagerId(0, guavus-0102bf, 49347, 0) with no recent heart
beats: 85563ms exceeds 45000ms

But job completed successfully if i increase executor memory 40GB.

Any idea??

Thanks
Mohit Goyal

Re: Sprak Job stuck

Posted by Usman Ghani <us...@platfora.com>.
Were you able to figure out what this was?

You can try setting spark.akka.askTimeout to a larger value. That might
help.