Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <je...@apache.org> on 2008/09/11 21:13:13 UTC

Very early 2.1.12-dojo1_1-dev committed

Dear All,

I have the great pleasure to announce that a *very* pre-alpha release
of my re-working of the Ajax and CForms blocks for Dojo 1.1.1 has been
committed to : BRANCH_2_1_X-dojo1_1.

Although there are no circumstances whatever in which you should use
this for production (!!!!), you are heavily encouraged to check it out
so that you may see the direction I hope cforms is going, criticise,
contribute fixes, discuss changes, help document etc. etc.

You will find that a lot works already.
You will find lots of bugs, specially I hope, ones that I have not
found.
You will find an enormous number of 'TODO:'s in the code.
You will find design notes for un-implemented widgets if you want a go
yourself.

Lots and lots of stuff to do.

If you have any questions, suggestions, fixes, contributions etc. I
would be really grateful if we could discuss them on the Dev list.

The scope of our Dojo Widgets, the APIs they are written to and the
way they work has changed dramatically since Dojo 0.4.3, so please
take your time to aquatint yourself with the code.

Apart from all of the bugs and omissions, the move to Dojo 1.1.1 is
very transitory, Dojo 1.2 is expected out very soon. I do not know yet
how it will effect what is done so far (that's what I am looking at
next) but I know it is supposed to contain fixes for a few things that
we want, that don't work in Dojo 1.1.1.

So please have a look, and provide feedback.

Many thanks

regards Jeremy

Re: Very early 2.1.12-dojo1_1-dev committed

Posted by imran <ip...@triplemind.com>.
Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have the great pleasure to announce that a *very* pre-alpha
> release of my re-working of the Ajax and CForms blocks for Dojo
> 1.1.1 has been committed to : BRANCH_2_1_X-dojo1_1.
>
> Although there are no circumstances whatever in which you should use
> this for production (!!!!), you are heavily encouraged to check it
> out so that you may see the direction I hope cforms is going,
> criticise, contribute fixes, discuss changes, help document etc. etc.
>
> You will find that a lot works already.
> You will find lots of bugs, specially I hope, ones that I have not
> found.
> You will find an enormous number of 'TODO:'s in the code.
> You will find design notes for un-implemented widgets if you want a
> go yourself.
>
> Lots and lots of stuff to do.
>
> If you have any questions, suggestions, fixes, contributions etc. I
> would be really grateful if we could discuss them on the Dev list.
>
> The scope of our Dojo Widgets, the APIs they are written to and the
> way they work has changed dramatically since Dojo 0.4.3, so please
> take your time to aquatint yourself with the code.
>
> Apart from all of the bugs and omissions, the move to Dojo 1.1.1 is
> very transitory, Dojo 1.2 is expected out very soon. I do not know
> yet how it will effect what is done so far (that's what I am looking
> at next) but I know it is supposed to contain fixes for a few things
> that we want, that don't work in Dojo 1.1.1.
>
> So please have a look, and provide feedback.
>
> Many thanks
>
> regards Jeremy
Hi .. i posted the same on user mailing list .. but dint get any
suggestions from there so am posting it here again ..

We are using an upload widget inside an ajax enabled form. It used to
work fine with cocoon 2.2 with the old dojo ... but since we checked
out the new cocoon source with the new dojo it has started throwing
parsing error .. it throws the error when it tries to render a textarea ..

the page layout is somewhat like this:
we have a form with upload widget and a lot of fields and a textarea
.. on-value-changed handler which sibmits the form as soon as a file
is chosen.  This displays the same form with the image.. all the text
fields are rendered correctly but while rendering the textarea it
throws this exception

XML Parsing Error: no element found Location: https://PAGE_URL Line
Number 2, Column 204: <span
xmlns:bu="http://apache.org/cocoon/browser-update/1.0"
id="address"><textarea title="" name="address" id="address:input"
class="forms field active" rows="4" style="width:200px">test address

Jeremy i guess this started after u did the new dojo-rsrc build

Any help would be appreciated

Imran Pariyani