Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by gg...@hushmail.com on 2016/10/14 19:39:56 UTC

Maven 3.3.9 build error using intellij 2016

Hi:
My name is Gopal. I am getting a strange error. Most of the common
libraries are stored in artifactory.
The entire project builds without any error using jdk1.7.
But, as soon as I change it to 1.8, it gives the below error ... there
are more lines, i just pasted a couple from the top of the stack
trace. I know it says that it cannot find dependency. But, the same
stuff builds without errors under jdk1.7
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project modulecore: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
com.adp.sass:modulecore:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect
dependencies at com.adp.sass:sasscommon:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to
read artifact descriptor for
com.adp.sass:sasscommon:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT: Failure to find
com.adp.sass:sassbuild:pom:1.0.0 in
http://avsf-depsvr01:8082/artifactory/Proper-Resolution was cached in
the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the
update interval of Proper-Resolution has elapsed or updates are forced
-> [Help 1]org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
Failed to execute goal on project modulecore: Could not resolve
dependencies for project com.adp.sass:modulecore:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failed to collect dependencies at
com.adp.sass:sasscommon:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleDependencyResolver.getDependencies(LifecycleDependencyResolver.java:221)

I would appreciate any help you can give me. I have checked
everywhere, googled my eyes out, but I cant seems to resolve it.
Thanks,

Gopal Gopalakrishnan
 Ph: 303-954-8466/720-364-6224 (cell)
 email: ggopal@hushmail.com

Re: Maven 3.3.9 build error using intellij 2016

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

what I have missed. This is question for the users list and not for the
dev list....

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2016-10-15 um 13:48 schrieb Karl Heinz Marbaise:
> Hi,
>
> The first test I would suggest to delete your whole local cache
> $HOME/.m2/repository.

I personally do:
mvn clean install -Dmaven.repo.local=$(mktemp -d)

with a local Nexus instance it is blazingly fast.

Re: Maven 3.3.9 build error using intellij 2016

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

The first test I would suggest to delete your whole local cache
$HOME/.m2/repository.

Afterwards build the whole project on command line via:

mvn clean package

That should work without any issue...otherwise you have a issue in your
build which should be fixed first....

Apart from that you error message looks like either you have mistyped
your artifact/groupId/version etc.

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise