Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Nithya Sivasubramanian <s....@gmail.com> on 2010/08/05 16:14:00 UTC

Build Error

I am interested in contributing to CXF and I am in the process of setting up.

I have checked out the source code. I tried to create a workspace for
eclipse using
mvn -Pfastinstall and I am getting the following build error

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve dependencies for one or more projects in the
reactor. Reason: Unable to get dependency information: Unable to read the
metadata file for artifact 'org.apache.servicemix:servicemix-utils:jar':
Cannot find parent: org
.apache.servicemix:servicemix-pom for project:
null:servicemix-utils:bundle:1.1.0 for project null:servicemix-utils:bund
le:1.1.0
  org.apache.servicemix:servicemix-utils:jar:1.1.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/),
  codehaus (http://repository.codehaus.org),
  java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/1),
  apache.incubating
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository),
  servicemix.m2 (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/m2-repo/)

Path to dependency:
        1)
org.apache.cxf.systests:cxf-systests-uncategorized:jar:2.3.0-SNAPSHOT
        2) org.apache.servicemix:servicemix-core:jar:3.3.1

Not a v4.0.0 POM. for project org.apache.servicemix:servicemix-pom at
C:\Documents and Settings\User1\.m2\repository\
org\apache\servicemix\servicemix-pom\2\servicemix-pom-2.pom

When I look at the pom file at that location, it has the following and the
redirected page is also not available
<title>301 Moved Permanently</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Moved Permanently</h1>
http://download.java.net/maven/1/org.apache.servicemix/poms/servicemix-pom-2.pom
here .</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at maven-repository.dev.java.net Port 443</address>

Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue?

Re: Build Error

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 17:37, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:

> That artifact seems to be avail at:
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/servicemix-utils/1.1.0/
>
> just fine, so you may want to grab it from there.
>
> That said:
>>   java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/1),
>

> concerns me.   We don't define that repo anywhere so I'm not sure why it's
> looking there.

That repository is listed in servicemix-utils-1.1.0.pom. Maven will
use that information to look for (transitive) dependencies. We had the
same type of issues in Axis2 as well (see e.g. [1]). I think it's
possible to work around this by defining a repository with the same ID
and the correct URL in settings.xml. However the only real solution is
to upgrade servicemix-utils to a version with correct metadata.

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/oivekzkufcvmyj2a

Re: Build Error

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.