Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com> on 2014/08/18 21:42:27 UTC

Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 published tarballs are missing some txt files

Hi devs

Tsuyoshi just brought it to my notice that the published tarballs don't
have LICENSE, NOTICE and README at the top-level. Instead, they are only
under common, hdfs, etc.

Now that we have already announced the release and the jars/functionality
doesn't change, I propose we just update the tarballs with ones that
includes those files? I just untar-ed the published tarballs and copied
LICENSE, NOTICE and README from under common to the top directory and
tar-ed them back again.

The updated tarballs are at: http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0/
. Can someone please verify the signatures?

If you would prefer an alternate action, please suggest.

Thanks
Karthik

PS: HADOOP-10956 should include the fix for these files also.

Re: Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 published tarballs are missing some txt files

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.
Verified MD5s and signatures of both SRC & BIN tarballs.

Thanks Karthik.

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks Karthik for preparing new tar ball.
Verified MD5, SHA1, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512 checksums.
It looks good to me.

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 published tarballs are missing some txt files

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@apache.org>.

2.5.1 should fix HADOOP-10986 as well.

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions, gents.
>
> Given we are doing 2.5.1, I would like to get in HADOOP-10956 that fixes
> the script. Is that alright with everyone?
>

> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM, Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
> > agree with Steve, lets do a 2.5.1 just with those txt files.
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 2:29 PM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> > wrote:

> than
> > > fix
> > > >

> > > do we already have enough last-minute fixes to trigger a rerelease?
> With
> > > all the testing that entails?
> > >
> > > A simple 2.5.1 rebuild with the same hadoop source tree would be a lot
> > > easier to push out

> kasha@cloudera.com

> > don't
> > > only

> > > jars/functionality
> that
> > copied
> and

> > entity
> confidential,
> > reader
> notified
> > > that
> > > immediately
> > > >

> > > --
> > > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> entity
> reader
> > that
> > immediately
> > >

> > --
> > Alejandro

Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 published tarballs are missing some txt files

Posted by Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.

wrote:

> On 19 August 2014 18:35, Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
> > I suggest we do a 2.5.1 (with potentially other bug fixes) rather than
> fix
> > existing tarballs.
> >

> do we already have enough last-minute fixes to trigger a rerelease? With
> all the testing that entails?
>
> A simple 2.5.1 rebuild with the same hadoop source tree would be a lot
> easier to push out
>

> > thanks,
> > Arun
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi devs
> > >
> > > Tsuyoshi just brought it to my notice that the published tarballs don't
> > > have LICENSE, NOTICE and README at the top-level. Instead, they are
> only
> > > under common, hdfs, etc.
> > >
> > > Now that we have already announced the release and the
> jars/functionality
> > > doesn't change, I propose we just update the tarballs with ones that
> > > includes those files? I just untar-ed the published tarballs and copied
> > > LICENSE, NOTICE and README from under common to the top directory and
> > > tar-ed them back again.
> > >
> > > The updated tarballs are at:
> > http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0/
> > > . Can someone please verify the signatures?
> > >
> > > If you would prefer an alternate action, please suggest.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Karthik
> > >
> > > PS: HADOOP-10956 should include the fix for these files also.
> > >

> > --
> >
> > --
> > Arun C. Murthy
> > Hortonworks Inc.
> > http://hortonworks.com/
> >
> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Alejandro

Re: Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 published tarballs are missing some txt files

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 19 August 2014 18:35, Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> I suggest we do a 2.5.1 (with potentially other bug fixes) rather than fix
> existing tarballs.

do we already have enough last-minute fixes to trigger a rerelease? With
all the testing that entails?

A simple 2.5.1 rebuild with the same hadoop source tree would be a lot
easier to push out

> thanks,
> Arun
>

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 12:42 PM, Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi devs
> >
> > Tsuyoshi just brought it to my notice that the published tarballs don't
> > have LICENSE, NOTICE and README at the top-level. Instead, they are only
> > under common, hdfs, etc.
> >
> > Now that we have already announced the release and the jars/functionality
> > doesn't change, I propose we just update the tarballs with ones that
> > includes those files? I just untar-ed the published tarballs and copied
> > LICENSE, NOTICE and README from under common to the top directory and
> > tar-ed them back again.
> >
> > The updated tarballs are at:
> http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0/
> > . Can someone please verify the signatures?
> >
> > If you would prefer an alternate action, please suggest.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Karthik
> >
> > PS: HADOOP-10956 should include the fix for these files also.

> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 published tarballs are missing some txt files

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andre Kelpe <ak...@concurrentinc.com>.
Are you guys aware that the 2.5.0 tarballs are already on the mirrors?
http://mirror.derwebwolf.net/apache/hadoop/common/hadoop-2.5.0/

- André

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 9:42 PM, Karthik Kambatla <ka...@cloudera.com>
wrote:

> Hi devs
>
> Tsuyoshi just brought it to my notice that the published tarballs don't
> have LICENSE, NOTICE and README at the top-level. Instead, they are only
> under common, hdfs, etc.
>
> Now that we have already announced the release and the jars/functionality
> doesn't change, I propose we just update the tarballs with ones that
> includes those files? I just untar-ed the published tarballs and copied
> LICENSE, NOTICE and README from under common to the top directory and
> tar-ed them back again.
>
> The updated tarballs are at: http://people.apache.org/~kasha/hadoop-2.5.0/
> . Can someone please verify the signatures?
>
> If you would prefer an alternate action, please suggest.
>
> Thanks
> Karthik
>
> PS: HADOOP-10956 should include the fix for these files also.

--
André Kelpe
andre@concurrentinc.com

Re: Apache Hadoop 2.5.0 published tarballs are missing some txt files

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.