Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sean Davis <sd...@mail.nih.gov> on 2009/04/22 14:27:27 UTC

scm:add question

I am pretty new to maven and I am trying to use the maven scm plugin to add
files and then commit to a bare git repository (located on the file system).

In my pom, I have:

    <scm>
        <connection>scm:git:file://localhost/tmp/stuff.git</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:git:file://localhost/tmp/stuff.git</developerConnection>
    </scm>

Then, I am executing from the command line and in the base directory of the
project (directory contains pom.xml):

sdavis$ mvn scm:add -Dmaven.scm.basedir=./src
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'scm'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building SeqWrench
[INFO]    task-segment: [scm:add] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] [scm:add]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Cannot run add command :

Embedded error: Exception while executing SCM command.
You must provide at least one file/directory to add

Any suggestions on what I am missing?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: scm:add question

Posted by Ryan Connolly <ry...@gmail.com>.
How about using */** for includes?  Also, maybe run using -e to see
the stack trace if available?  That may help you debug this issue as
well.

®¥@N

Re: scm:add question

Posted by Sean Davis <se...@gmail.com>.