Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/22 15:16:35 UTC

WANTED: Live Tapestry Sites

For several upcoming presentations, I have a real need for public
Tapestry sites.

I'm asking the community to help out here; I know of a couple, but I
think there are quite a few more.

Basically, I want a slide or two with a bunch of logos that I can put
at the end of my NFJS, OSCON and JavaOne presentations.  TSS.com,
NFL.com, Tree Of Life are the only ones I have right now.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry

Re: WANTED: Live Tapestry Sites

Posted by Javier Sanchez <ja...@gmail.com>.
A Colombian site:  http://www.sistemamatriculas.gov.co/app

This is a Tapestry + Hibernate + AspectJ + JBoss application for the
Ministry of Education in Colombia.  This site will control
registration for public schools all around the country, starting on Q4
2005.

Javier Sanchez
CEO EDESA S.A.
Bogotá, Colombia
South America

Posted by Stephen Robinson <ro...@yellowpen.com>.
Here's mine...

http://www.eRequirements.com

It's my system to assist 'normal' business professionals in creating
business applications. The requirements engine is already built and
being used by my clients - in short order I'll be fleshing out the
public side with expanded usage - and an improved logo :) Hopefully,
soon, something that Tapestry can be proud of.

Best regards,

Steve

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
And here's Darden's version of the same app:

http://apply.darden.virginia.edu/admissions/app

Jamie
Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.
Here's one for you:

Posted by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu>.
Here's the only public Tapestry site I manage:
Identity Theft 911, LLC (http://www.identitytheft911.com)

In case you are looking for a cheap way to boost your numbers, that same
web application drives a growing number of public partner sites:
Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union
(http://www.identitytheft911-lapfcu.com)
Community Bankers of Wisconsin (http://www.communitybankerswi.org)
Mountain America Credit Union (http://www.identitytheft911-macu.com)
Monterey Credit Union (http://www.identitytheft911-monterey.com)
Reed Business Information (http://www.identitytheft911-reed.com)
Robins Federal Credit Union (http://www.identitytheft911-rfcu.com)
New England Federal Credit Union (http://www.identitytheft911-nefcu.com)
Liberty Enterprises (http://www.libertyidtheft.com)
U.S. Marine Corps. (http://www.identitytheft911-usmc.com)
Identity Assistance (http://www.identityassistance.com)

Paul

Posted by David Solis <h....@gmail.com>.
Here are two with public access:
http://www.ixe.com.mx/rates/app
https://www.ixe.com.mx/registry/app

Unfortunately almost of applications are just for clients or for
employees (intanet).

Here is a portfolio:
http://members.cox.net/dsolis/tapestry/screenshoots/screenshots.html

Regards.

Posted by sales <sa...@digiatlas.net>.
But do you mean you want "any" Tapestry site, or just big name /
corporate sites. It seems you want the latter if you just want logos.

I have a Tapestry site, but none of your audience will know it from a
bar of soap...

dd

Posted by Lenny sorey <lr...@fatdot.com>.
Sorry for the late response on this request.

The following is a Tapestry site for a local auto dealer in Jackson,
Mississippi.

It also has a customized CMS platform (Slide) running as well so the
dealer can update each page
in the site.

Also, this site will soon have a banner advertising platform (Struts
based) as well

In addition, there is an xml exchange with a VIN decoding provider
that lists all the factory installed options on each vehicle, both
new and used.

Here's the platform:

J2sdk 1.4.2
Windows 2000 - No IIS
Apache 20.0.53 Http server
Tomcat 4.1.31
mod_jk
Tapestry 3.0
Hibernate
Firebird 1.5.0

The dealer is currently hosting his own site so it might seem a little slow
when accessing.

http://www.wilsondodge.com

Any constructive comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Lenny Sorey

Lenny R. Sorey
FatDot.com
lrsorey@fatdot.com

Posted by Marko Srdanovic <ma...@med.cornell.edu>.
Hello Howard,

Posted by Enrico Donelli <en...@enricod.it>.
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

>For several upcoming presentations, I have a real need for public
>Tapestry sites.
>
>I'm asking the community to help out here; I know of a couple, but I
>think there are quite a few more.
>
>Basically, I want a slide or two with a bunch of logos that I can put
>at the end of my NFJS, OSCON and JavaOne presentations.  TSS.com,
>NFL.com, Tree Of Life are the only ones I have right now.

here is mine (in italian only, for the moment)
http://www.svibrescia.it

Bye
Enrico

Re: WANTED: Live Tapestry Sites

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Two of mine are up:

	http://www.lucenebook.com

	http://www.rossettiarchive.org/rose

Also, Darden business school has a suite of Tapestry-based applications
that it sells to the top business schools.  When I left, the systems I
worked on had been deployed at Chicago's Graduate School of Business
and at Darden itself.  I suspect there are other deployments of the
Tapestry applications by now (MIT?).  Jamie could provide more on that.

	http://apply.darden.virginia.edu/admissions/app

	http://gsb.uchicago.edu/apply/index.aspx

That last one is funny.... the front page is not Tapestry obviously,
but all the real links in the table of programs are to the Tapestry
application.

	Erik

Posted by Olle Hallin <ol...@hit.se>.
http://foreningshotellet.nu/app (currently in swedish only).

Regards,
Olle Hallin

Re: how to install DefaultComponentMessagesSource.patch

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
For the record - this is already part of the Tapestry 3.1 codebase.

Actually, this is one that makes sense to be in a 3.0.x release too if
Paul is up for applying it or if its not already there.

I'm going to stay in 3.1 land as long as it keeps on working for me,
and try not to go back.

	Erik

Posted by sa...@women-at-work.org.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/18219/DefaultComponentMessagesSource.patch

Re: WANTED: Live Tapestry Sites

Posted by sales <sa...@digiatlas.net>.
You can..  They should display in a popup window (that is, for the
thumbs on the Details page).

I guess you mean the images on the Results page?  Ok. I see what you mean.

Anyway, thanks Jamie for the compliment. Much appreciated!

dd

Re: WANTED: Live Tapestry Sites (viewbuildings)

Posted by sales <sa...@digiatlas.net>.
Thanks for the kind comment - and thanks for the bug report!

Thanks also to the many many people who have visited the site - I feel a
little more confident now after my joke-inducing "IPN and Tapestry
integration" post.

I have to say it's been interesting to see what others have done with
the framework too. I'd only seen one other Tapestry site besides TTS
until HLS posted his query.

dd

Posted by Adam Saltiel <ad...@btinternet.com>.
It is a cool site. I found that the images are clickable, maybe altered
since Jamie looked?
dd I noticed an error. When I subscribe this is what I got: "Rutland Tue
Mar 29 04:33:27 EST 2005". You must mean BST, the clocks go forward this
weekend, or time local to the client, at the moment GMT in my case, but
should also be BST.
Adam

TIA).

Posted by Jamie Orchard-Hays <ja...@dang.com>.

Posted by sales <sa...@digiatlas.net>.

Posted by Massimo <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:16:35 -0500, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For several upcoming presentations, I have a real need for public
> Tapestry sites.
>
> I'm asking the community to help out here; I know of a couple, but I
> think there are quite a few more.
>
> Basically, I want a slide or two with a bunch of logos that I can put
> at the end of my NFJS, OSCON and JavaOne presentations.  TSS.com,
> NFL.com, Tree Of Life are the only ones I have right now.

Don't want to bother but in a previous mail (24 Feb 2005) you talk
about NHL.com.
Just for clarity :)

--
Massimo