Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Sheldon Glickler <sh...@thevillages.net> on 2008/11/11 22:33:46 UTC

Can someone look at this, please?

I cannot seem to figure out why the <bus_summary> line is not appearing
in the pdf.

In the xsl, there is:

<xsl:template match="business_units">
   <xsl:for-each select="bu">
   	<xsl:apply-templates select="bus_header"/>
   	<xsl:apply-templates select="bus_data"/>
   	<xsl:apply-templates select="bus_summary"/>
   </xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

and there is also a bus_summary template.

The xml has a <bus_summary> section, also under the same <bu> in which
the <bus_data> and <bus_header> are located, and both of those appear in
the pdf while the <bus_summary> does not.

Re: Can someone look at this, please?

Posted by Sheldon Glickler <sh...@thevillages.net>.
Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On 11 Nov 2008, at 23:19, Sheldon Glickler wrote:
>
> Hi
>
>> David Gerdt wrote:
>>> The problem is in your XSL, so we'll need to see at least the
>>> relevant portions. You can also get help with XSL at
>>> http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
>>>
>> Oops.  I thought I attached the cc.xsl.  I've attached it now.
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
>> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>>
>> xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
>>
>> <snip />
>> <xsl:template match="bus_summary">
>>  <fo:table table-layout="fixed" space-before="0pt" space-after="0pt" >
>>    <xsl:for-each select="sum_col_width">
>>      <fo:table-column column-width="{col_width}"/>
>>    </xsl:for-each>
>>    <fo:table-body >
>>      <fo:table-row  line-height="{linespace}">
>>        <xsl:for-each select="summary_item">
>
> I don't see any summary_item nodes in your source document... This may
> explain why you get no output for this template.
>
> HTH!

That was it!  In my original formulation there were "summary_item"s.
During the course of development, I realize that these were the same
kind of things as the "bu_item"s, so I used the bu_item but forgot to
change it in the xsl.  Thanks again.

Re: Can someone look at this, please?

Posted by Sheldon Glickler <sh...@thevillages.net>.
Andreas Delmelle wrote:
> On 11 Nov 2008, at 23:19, Sheldon Glickler wrote:
>
> Hi
>
>> David Gerdt wrote:
>>> The problem is in your XSL, so we'll need to see at least the
>>> relevant portions. You can also get help with XSL at
>>> http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
>>>
>> Oops.  I thought I attached the cc.xsl.  I've attached it now.
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
>> xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
>>
>> xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
>>
>> <snip />
>> <xsl:template match="bus_summary">
>>  <fo:table table-layout="fixed" space-before="0pt" space-after="0pt" >
>>    <xsl:for-each select="sum_col_width">
>>      <fo:table-column column-width="{col_width}"/>
>>    </xsl:for-each>
>>    <fo:table-body >
>>      <fo:table-row  line-height="{linespace}">
>>        <xsl:for-each select="summary_item">
>
> I don't see any summary_item nodes in your source document... This may
> explain why you get no output for this template.
>
> HTH!

That would explain everything.  Thanks.

Re: Can someone look at this, please?

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 11 Nov 2008, at 23:19, Sheldon Glickler wrote:

Hi

> David Gerdt wrote:
>> The problem is in your XSL, so we'll need to see at least the
>> relevant portions. You can also get help with XSL at http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/
>>
> Oops.  I thought I attached the cc.xsl.  I've attached it now.
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <xsl:stylesheet version="2.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform
> "
>                              xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format
> ">
>
> <snip />
> <xsl:template match="bus_summary">
>  <fo:table table-layout="fixed" space-before="0pt" space-after="0pt" >
>    <xsl:for-each select="sum_col_width">
>      <fo:table-column column-width="{col_width}"/>
>    </xsl:for-each>
>    <fo:table-body >
>      <fo:table-row  line-height="{linespace}">
>        <xsl:for-each select="summary_item">

I don't see any summary_item nodes in your source document... This may
explain why you get no output for this template.

HTH!

Andreas

Re: Can someone look at this, please?

Posted by Sheldon Glickler <sh...@thevillages.net>.