Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Kate Fox <kf...@sidestep.com> on 2006/10/11 19:51:37 UTC

Lenya 1.4

Is there a way to download 1.4 for windows?

Also, I was wondering when the expected date for Lenya 1.4 is?  All the
projected dates I saw on the wiki were in late 2005, and we are almost
through 2006.

Thanks,

Kate

Re: Lenya 1.4

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <po...@uni-duisburg-essen.de>.
hi kate!

Kate Fox wrote:
> Is there a way to download 1.4 for windows?

currently, you will want to checkout the trunk from the lenya code
repository. for information on how to do that, see
http://lenya.apache.org/docs/1_4/installation/subversion.html

you will need a java sdk (1.4 or 1.5) installed.

here's a small wiki article for brave testers of 1.4:
http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/TestDrivingLenya1%2e4-HEAD?highlight=%28testdriving%29

> Also, I was wondering when the expected date for Lenya 1.4 is?  All the
> projected dates I saw on the wiki were in late 2005, and we are almost
> through 2006.

oh well. as it is now, 1.4 is usable for small projects and is a lot
more fun than 1.2.x, but you would not want to roll it out to customers
yet. i think we will get a release out before the end of this year.
check the list of open blocker bugs in our bug tracker to see the
current status.

the problem is that at the moment most core developers seem to be on
vacation - expect some more opinions on this in a week or so.

regards,

jörn

--
"It's sad to behold how lately the wonderful English language has,
in the hands of corporate executives and marketing experts, re-

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft