Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Radha Duggal <ra...@redknee.com> on 2002/05/29 16:58:22 UTC

Need an example - Please Help

Hi,

I am just trying to run a simple Hello World example in phoenix.  It has
been taking me a while.  I really need some urgent help.

If somebody could maybe send me a working .sar file or tell me where I
could get it, maybe I can figure my problem out myself.

On the site the Getting Started section said to grab an example sar from
TODO or build it from CVS.

Therefore my only option was to build it myself.

I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge.  But so far, I've downloaded all the
files that have to do with the hello world application.  I built the
Hello World block by jarring up the class files and the xinfo file given
in the classes directory and the manifest which I got from the cvs
repository of Avalon.  Then I made the sar file by jarring the
assembly.xml, config.xml, and environment.xml in the SAR-INF directory
and the helloworld.jar (block file) in the SAR-INF/lib directory.  After
putting helloworld.sar in my phoenix/apps directory when I ran phoenix
it gave me the following error:

Phoenix 4.0a3

There was an uncaught exception:

--- Message ---

Error building configuration from
jar:file:/C:/Avalon/phoenix-4.0a3/apps/hellowo

rld.sar!/SAR-INF/assembly.xml.

--- Stack Trace ---

org.apache.avalon.phoenix.interfaces.DeploymentException: Error building
configu

ration from
jar:file:/C:/Avalon/phoenix-4.0a3/apps/helloworld.sar!/SAR-INF/assem

bly.xml.

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.getConf

igurationFor(DefaultDeployer.java:206)

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.deploy(

DefaultDeployer.java:146)

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployF

ile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:351)

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployF

ile(DefaultEmbeddor.java:345)

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployF

iles(DefaultEmbeddor.java:330)

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.deployD

efaultApplications(DefaultEmbeddor.java:320)

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.embeddor.DefaultEmbeddor.execute

(DefaultEmbeddor.java:162)

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.execute(CLIMain.java:96)

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.frontends.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:64)

        at

java:39)

        at

sorImpl.java:25)

        at org.apache.avalon.phoenix.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:54)

Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File
"http://jakarta.apache.org/phoeni

x/assembly_1_0.dtd" not found.

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1156

)

        at
org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromExtern

alEntity(DefaultEntityHandler.java:788)

        at
org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromExtern

alSubset(DefaultEntityHandler.java:566)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDTDScann

er.java:1139)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDoc

umentScanner.java:2201)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.access$0(XMLDocumentSc

anner.java:2156)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$PrologDispatcher.dispa

tch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:887)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS

canner.java:381)

        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1035)

        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder

.build(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:128)

        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder

.build(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:116)

        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.deployer.DefaultDeployer.getConf

igurationFor(DefaultDeployer.java:201)

        ... 13 more

The log file may contain further details of error.

Please check the configuration files and restart Phoenix.

If the problem persists, contact the Avalon project.  See

http://jakarta.apache.org/avalon for more information.

Thanks,

Radha

Re: Need an example - Please Help

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Thu, 30 May 2002 00:58, Radha Duggal wrote:
> I am just trying to run a simple Hello World example in phoenix.  It has
> been taking me a while.  I really need some urgent help.

It looks like you are using an old version of phoenix. If you could download a
more up to date version it should fix your problem. See
http://cvs.apache.org/~hammant/ for a binary (and src) release.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald