Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Tim Hibbs <ti...@verizon.net> on 2012/02/07 20:53:52 UTC

Missing search result...

Hi, all...

I have a small problem retrieving the full set of query responses I need
and would appreciate any help.

I have a query string as follows:

+((Title:"sales") (+Title:sales) (TOC:"sales") (+TOC:sales)
(Keywords:"sales") (+Keywords:sales) (text:"sales") (+text:sales)
(sales)) +(RepType:"WRO Revenue Services") +(ContentType:SOP
ContentType:"Key Concept") -(Topics:Backup)

The query is intended to be:

"MUST" have at least one of:
- exact phrase in field Title
- all of the phrase words in field Title
- exact phrase in field TOC
- all of the phrase words in field TOC
- exact phrase in field Keywords
- all of the phrase words in field Keywords
- exact phrase in field text
- all of the phrase words in field text
- any of the phrase words in field text

"MUST" have "WRO Revenue Services" in field RepType
"MUST" have at least one of:
- "SOP" in field ContentType
- "Key Concept" in field ContentType
"MUST NOT" have "Backup" in field Topics

It's almost working, but it misses a couple of items that contain a
single occurrence of the word "sale" in a indexed field. The indexed
field containing that single occurrence is named "UrlContent".

schema.xml

UrlContent is defined as:
<field name="UrlContent" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"
required="false" omitNorms="false"/>

Copyfields are as follows:
	<copyField source="Title" dest="text"/>
	<copyField source="Keywords" dest="text"/>
	<copyField source="TOC" dest="text"/>
	<copyField source="Overview" dest="text"/>
	<copyField source="UrlContent" dest="text"/>

Thanks,
Tim Hibbs

Thank you all

Posted by Tim Hibbs <ti...@verizon.net>.
All,

It appears my attempt at using solr for the application I support is
about to fail. I'm personally and professionally disappointed, but I
wanted to say "Many Thanks" to those of you who have provided so much
help to so many on this list. In the right hands and in the right
environments, it has so much potential. You all have shown the
collective knowledge and cooperation it takes to bring that potential to
fruition.

I wish I'd been able to pick up on the right details of the toolset to
be able to make this work.

Best of luck to you all!

Tim Hibbs