Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Rahul Kanhere <rk...@yahoo.com> on 2001/09/04 10:56:09 UTC

Help on SOAP

Hi,

  We are working on a SOAP based project. We are
facing some complications in working with Apache SOAP
toolkit.
   The problem is, when we make a call on distributed
object we need to exchange the references of
distributed objects present on client as well as
server side i.e callback mechanism.
   Soap works well in one-way communication where I
call amethod and receive the response. But if the
other remote object references are exchanged through a
call we want to use those objects for further
communication through the interfaces provided by these
objects.
   We would like to know whether there is a concept of
SOAP-ORB available or any work is going on it?

Awaiting your reply.
Regards,
Rahul Kanhere.

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: Help on SOAP

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.
Look at the org.apache.soap.Constants.java file

--
WBB - wbrogden@lanw.com
Java Cert mock exams http://www.lanw.com/java/javacert/

Re: Help on SOAP

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.

Help on SOAP

Posted by "V.Sundaresan" <vs...@siptech.co.in>.
what are all the supported Java datatypes in APACHE SOAP.

Help on SOAP

Posted by "V.Sundaresan" <vs...@siptech.co.in>.
what are all the supported Java datatypes in APACHE SOAP.

Re: Help on SOAP

Posted by Radovan Janecek <ja...@idoox.com>.
Hi,

you can look at WASP that supports remote references, which seems to me as a
feature you need.
This feature is described (with demo) at WASP Programmers Guide [1].
Particulary in chapter 3.4 Using Remote References. [2]. Let me know whether
it answers your question.

Sincerely

Radovan

Radovan Janecek
VP, Engineering, Idoox, Inc.
http://www.idoox.com

[1] http://www.idoox.com/eap/wasp/doc/programmers_guide.html
[2]
http://www.idoox.com/eap/wasp/doc/htmldata/programmers_guide_body.html#ds_in
terrefs

>   We are working on a SOAP based project. We are
> facing some complications in working with Apache SOAP
> toolkit.
>    The problem is, when we make a call on distributed
> object we need to exchange the references of
> distributed objects present on client as well as
> server side i.e callback mechanism.
>    Soap works well in one-way communication where I
> call amethod and receive the response. But if the
> other remote object references are exchanged through a
> call we want to use those objects for further
> communication through the interfaces provided by these
> objects.
>    We would like to know whether there is a concept of
> SOAP-ORB available or any work is going on it?
>
> Awaiting your reply.
> Regards,
> Rahul Kanhere.

Messenger

Re: Help on SOAP

>   We are working on a SOAP based project. We are
> facing some complications in working with Apache SOAP
> toolkit.
>    The problem is, when we make a call on distributed
> object we need to exchange the references of
> distributed objects present on client as well as
> server side i.e callback mechanism.
>    Soap works well in one-way communication where I
> call amethod and receive the response. But if the
> other remote object references are exchanged through a
> call we want to use those objects for further
> communication through the interfaces provided by these
> objects.
>    We would like to know whether there is a concept of
> SOAP-ORB available or any work is going on it?
>
> Awaiting your reply.
> Regards,
> Rahul Kanhere.

Messenger