Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/19 12:15:00 UTC

Windows Build Support

Hi all,

Some people are struggling with build Zeppelin in windows.

-
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/40498638/install-zeppelin-on-windows/42560442#42560442

IMO, it's enough to verify that zeppelin works well on windows.

But it's not that hard to setup CI for windows and it's possible to execute
integration tests on windows, it's useful. As you know, we have some issues
related with windows env

-
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ZEPPELIN%20and%20text%20~%20windows

I found that some apache projects already use appveyor to run CI on
windows. (sadly, travis doesn't support)

- (thrift) https://github.com/apache/thrift/blob/master/appveyor.yml
- (arrow) https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-12967

Thanks.

Re: Windows Build Support

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Okay, then let me file an INFRA issue to turn off appveyor on pullrequest
build, but keeping it for branch build.

Re: Windows Build Support

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Make sense for option 2