Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/25 10:18:07 UTC

[DISCUSS] Apache Kafka 2.0.0 Release Plan

I would like to volunteer to be the release manager for our next time-based
feature release (v2.0.0). See https://cwiki.apache.org/
confluence/display/KAFKA/Time+Based+Release+Plan
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Time+Based+Release+Plan>
if you missed previous communication on time-based releases or need a
reminder. See
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/8a5ccd348c5ee6b16976ec4acf69bda074fa2e253ebc17be6110f776@%3Cdev.kafka.apache.org%3E
if
you missed the voting thread on bumping the version of the June release to
2.0.0.

I put together a draft release plan with June 2018 as the release month and
a list of KIPs that have already been voted:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=80448820

Version 1.2.0 has been merged into 2.0.0.

Some important (and fast approaching) dates:

   - KIP Freeze: May 22, 2018 (a KIP must be accepted by this date in order
   to be considered for this release)
   - Feature Freeze: May 29, 2018 (major features merged & working on
   stabilization, minor features have PR, release branch cut; anything not in
   this state will be automatically moved to the next release in JIRA)

Regards,

Rajini

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Kafka 2.0.0 Release Plan

Posted by khaireddine Rezgui <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

--
Ingénieur en informatique

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Kafka 2.0.0 Release Plan

Posted by Jorge Esteban Quilcate Otoya <qu...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks!

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Jorge,

Posted by Jorge Esteban Quilcate Otoya <qu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Rajini Sivaram <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

This is just a reminder that KIP freeze for 2.0.0 release is in a week's
time and we still have a lot of KIPs in progress. KIPs that are currently
being discussed should start the voting process soon to get voting complete
by 22nd of May. Please participate in discussions and votes to enable these
to be added to the release (or postponed if required).

Voting is in progress for the following KIPs:

   - KIP-235:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-235%3A+Add+DNS+alias+support+for+secured+connection
   - KIP-244:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-244%3A+Add+Record+Header+support+to+Kafka+Streams+Processor+API