Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amir S <am...@lastversion.com> on 2005/05/15 17:50:33 UTC

monitoring open connections that are not removed with removeAbandoned param set to ture

Hi,
How can I monitor my open connections to know which JSP opened which
connection?
I'm using the removeAbandoned option set to true and I have open connections
that exceed the max active count.
I'm using oracle 9i and Apache Tomcat/5.0.28.

the pool configurations are:

<Resource name="jdbc/TEST" auth="Container"
              type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/TEST">
  <parameter>
    <name>factory</name>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>driverClassName</name>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>url</name>
    <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@10.0.0.1:1521:TEST</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>username</name>
    <value>XXX</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>password</name>
    <value>XXX</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>maxActive</name>
    <value>500</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>maxIdle</name>
    <value>10</value>
  </parameter>
  <parameter>
    <name>maxWait</name>
    <value>5000</value>
  </parameter>
   <parameter>
              <name>removeAbandoned</name>
              <value>true</value>
            </parameter>
   <parameter>
              <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
              <value>10</value>
            </parameter>
  <parameter>
              <name>logAbandoned</name>
              <value>true</value>
            </parameter>

</ResourceParams>

Regards,
Amir S

Re: monitoring open connections that are not removed with removeAbandoned param set to ture

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.
On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 05:50:33PM +0200, Amir S wrote:
: How can I monitor my open connections to know which JSP opened which
: connection?

Sort of a sideways response to your question:
exactly how are the connections opened?  From the JSP itself, or does
the JSP call some centralized data tier?

For pure bug-hunting purposes, someone on the list once recommended
(temporarily) setting the min/max connections to 1.  Click around your
site for a bit.  When you hit a page that can't get a connection, you
know the previous one left it open. ;)

-QM

--

software   -- http://www.brandxdev.net/