Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/04/29 20:44:14 UTC

Pig user meetup at Yahoo 6/30

All,

Yahoo has offered to host a Pig user meetup on June 30th, the day
after the Hadoop summit.  It has also volunteered me to plan it.  So,
I'd like to know what would interest people.  What should we focus
on?  What will be the best way to enable Pig users and developers to
connect and share?

The meetup will be half or all day (depending on what people indicate
they are interested in), with Yahoo providing lunch.

I am interested to hear how people are using Pig, what is working well
for them, what is not working well, and what new features they would
like to see.  Would some of you be willing to give presentations
covering these topics?

We could also have Q&A time with Pig contributors.  We could do a
hackathon.  We could do an unconference time where people show up and
decide the agenda then.

Please send your feedback on what you'd like to see, and feel free to
suggest other activities beyond what I have proposed here.

Alan.