Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/13 12:42:31 UTC

Manual for ServiceMix SNAPSHOT 4.1 has not been generated in HTML, PDF format

Just to inform you that the manual for ServiceMix SNAPSHOT 4.1 has not
been generated in HTML, PDF formats in the distro
apache-servicemix-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard

Re: Manual for ServiceMix SNAPSHOT 4.1 has not been generated in HTML, PDF format

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
Charles,

Yes, that is the Karaf manual that gets included in the SMX4 assembly.
 We probably want to keep that around in distro as well, I guess,
unless we can somehow merge the Karaf topics in the SMX4 manual.  That
will probably be the biggest challenge for a SMX4 manual, aggregating
information from the Karaf, NMR, SMX4 and ServiceMix components into a
single manual.

For the all-in-one-page, we don't have such a page yet in ServiceMix 4.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
------------------------
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Charles,

there is no relationship between this documentation sandbox and the fuse
one.

The purpose of the documentation sandbox is:
- gather wiki "standard" documentation (architecture design,
installation guide, etc) in a central documentation, more visible
- provide multi output documentation (PDF, HTML)
- provide a more "professional" look and feel

The purpose is to provide:
- a SMX3 PDF user guide
- a SMX4 PDF user guide
- promote http://servicemix.apache.org/home2.html to give more
visibility on SMX4 and provide linked user guides.

Regards
JB

Posted by Eric Johnson <EM...@progress.com>.
The FUSE documentation is all in DocBook XML 5.0.

I'm not sure how much of it Progress would be willing to donate to the community, but I can ask.

I can also ask around our group to see if anyone has cycles they could use to help out with the Apache docs.

No promises, other than to ask.

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
FYI,