Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@ids-scheer.com> on 2010/09/01 10:17:17 UTC

Q: How to create a binary distribution

Hello there,

I'm using the project release for Tuscany 1.6, windows binary distribution.
I've noticed that some errors have been fixed in 1.x since Tuscany 1.6,
e. g. regarding the domain manager TUSCANY-3587 and TUSCANY-3589.

However, there do not seem to be nightly builds of the 1.x line.
How can I create a binary distribution corresponding to the latest sources?
I have not been able to find documentation on that.

I did download the trunk, and (after deleting the demo, samples and tutorials
to avoid an OutOfMemoryError) have been able to do a build with Maven. But this
is still a far cry from what I need.

Any help would be appreciated.
Sebastian

Re: Q: How to create a binary distribution

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM, Millies, Sebastian
<Se...@ids-scheer.com> wrote:
>>From: Luciano Resende [mailto:luckbr1975@gmail.com]
>>
>>>On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Millies, Sebastian
>><Se...@ids-scheer.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>>> I did download the trunk, and (after deleting the demo, samples and tutorials
>>> to avoid an OutOfMemoryError) have been able to do a build with Maven. But this
>>> is still a far cry from what I need.
>>

>>The out of memory error, try setting MAVEN_OPTS as described in [1]
>>
>>[1] http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-development-guide.html#SCAJavaDevelopmentGuide-Setup
>
> I did set MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx1536m (the maximum possible on my machine), which
> unfortunately wasn't enough. I guess my real mistake was to issue mvn
> in the top level directory, instead of separately in each subdirectory?
>
> -- Sebastian

No, you should be able to run mvn from top level.

This is what i have in my environment
export MAVEN_OPTS='-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m'

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

RE: Q: How to create a binary distribution

Posted by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@ids-scheer.com>.
>From: Luciano Resende [mailto:luckbr1975@gmail.com]
>
>>On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 1:17 AM, Millies, Sebastian
[snip]

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:
> Luciano Resende wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Apologies for the delay in making a 1.6.1 test build available.  I'll try
>>> to get something out for review early next week.
>>>

>> I have setup a Hudson build for the 1.6.1 branch and you can check a
>> SNAPSHOT Distribution at [1]
>>
>> [1]
>> https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/Tuscany/job/Tuscany-1.6.1/ws/sca-java-1.6.1/distribution/target/
>>

> Thanks for doing this.  I tried the link but it hung my browser
> and never came back with a response.
>
>  Simon

Not sure what's going on with Hudson, it's hanging trying to access
the workspace... if it's still not working in a little while, we will
need to contact Infra to get some help.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Millies, Sebastian" <Se...@ids-scheer.com>.
comments inline below.

From: Simon Laws [mailto:simonslaws@googlemail.com]

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Millies, Sebastian
<Se...@ids-scheer.com> wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'm using the project release for Tuscany 1.6, windows binary distribution.
> I've noticed that some errors have been fixed in 1.x since Tuscany 1.6,
> e. g. regarding the domain manager TUSCANY-3587 and TUSCANY-3589.
>
> However, there do not seem to be nightly builds of the 1.x line.
> How can I create a binary distribution corresponding to the latest sources?
> I have not been able to find documentation on that.
>
> I did download the trunk, and (after deleting the demo, samples and tutorials
> to avoid an OutOfMemoryError) have been able to do a build with Maven. But this
> is still a far cry from what I need.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Sebastian

Hi Sebastien