Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by wi...@lang-inet.de on 2011/08/23 14:18:47 UTC

cross field BeanValidation

Hello,

I tried to make a cross field BeanValidation with a custom annotation.
(based on JEE6 /
JSF2) The validation works correct but it's not passed to the JSF view.
I wrote about
this in the Primefaces forum
http://forum.primefaces.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14569
. It would be nice if someone would have a look at this (maybe Iam just
getting
something basic wrong with ExtVal).

Regards
Alesandro

Re: cross field BeanValidation

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
short addition:

you posted class-level validation (of bean-validation).
that's a bit more difficult (from the perspective of jsf). however, with
extval it's possible with using @BeanValidation and @ModelValidation or you
use something like multi-field form validation (see [1])

regards,
gerhard

[1]
http://os890.blogspot.com/2010/06/multi-field-form-validation-with-jsr.html