Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Morgan Rachell <mr...@cri-solutions.com> on 2006/05/25 20:49:15 UTC

[m2] No Java test frameworks found?

I had setup my project a few weeks ago and was running 'mvn install' (with
JUnit tests, etc.) without problems. Someone new just joined my project and
just did a 'mvn install', which first downloaded all plugins and
dependencies, but then he got this error:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] No Java test frameworks found
[INFO]

We can reproduce the error with just a 'mvn test' command too.

I noticed that his download was getting maven-surefire-plugin version 2.2. I
was unable to duplicate the problem on my machine because I had version
2.1.3 of the plugin. When I deleted version 2.1.3 from local repository
(actually, I foolishly deleted my entire local repo!) I got the same error.
Now we're stuck and cannot get past this error.

I should also mention that we use a mirror pointing to
http://repo.mergere.com/maven2. It's much faster than ibiblio.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know how to get past it?

Thanks,
Morgan

Re: [m2] No Java test frameworks found?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Try adding an explicit plugin for maven-surefire-plugin with version
2.1.3 (or 2.2) to your pom.

Wayne

Posted by "G. B." <gb...@laposte.net>.
I would be more explicit to understand if the exception was  with more
context ...
I think instead of just displaying that no test framework was found the
plugin should tell that it did not found either junit:junit or testng:testng
... in the list of reactors or what ever. that way we would now better
what's going on, and should someone use a different/corporate test framework
maybe let the opportunity to set it up from configuration ...