Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yansheng Lin <ya...@silvacom.com> on 2004/02/04 16:42:23 UTC

Tomcat Loads Deleted Context?

Hi, I am having a weird problem.  It seems that Tomcat is trying to deploy a
deleted project.  The deleted project was outside of ${tomcat_home}/ dir.  And I
already I commented out the <context> for that project.  I also deleted the
work/ dir, but the problem persists.  The generated
/work/Catalina/localhost/deleted/ dir doesn't have any class files except
SESSIONS.ser and tldCache.ser. I suspect tomcat is installing web applications
based on some sort of cache.

Here is the console output when deploying tomcat:
Feb 4, 2004 8:14:19 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer install
INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL
file:C:\Web\ApacheGroup\Tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\deleted.xml
(org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).

I was wondering if this is a bug?  I am using tomcat-5.0.18.

Thanks!

Re: Tomcat Loads Deleted Context?

Posted by Apu Shah <ap...@esaya.com>.
delete the context file (if present) from
$TOMCAT_HOME/conf/{ENGINE}/{HOST}/

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Yansheng Lin wrote:

> Hi, I am having a weird problem.  It seems that Tomcat is trying to
> deploy a deleted project.  The deleted project was outside of
> ${tomcat_home}/ dir.  And I already I commented out the <context>
> for that project.  I also deleted the work/ dir, but the problem
> persists.  The generated /work/Catalina/localhost/deleted/ dir
> doesn't have any class files except SESSIONS.ser and tldCache.ser. I
> suspect tomcat is installing web applications based on some sort of
> cache.

What do you mean by "commented out the <context> for that project"?
Where/in what file did you do that?

> Here is the console output when deploying tomcat:
> Feb 4, 2004 8:14:19 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer install
> INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL
> file:C:\Web\ApacheGroup\Tomcat\conf\Catalina\localhost\deleted.xml

Does this file still exist?  If so, that could be your problem.  (That
is the context configuration file for the deleted webapp.)

("deleted" is the name of your webapp?  Or did you just fill that in
as a placeholder?)

> (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).
>
> I was wondering if this is a bug?  I am using tomcat-5.0.18.
>
> Thanks!

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu