Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Lorenz Quack <qu...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 14:57:49 UTC

qpidd behaviour for LVQs

Hello list,

I am investigating a Jenkins test failure [1] regarding Last Value
Queues on the CPP Broker.
For this I am interested in the behaviour of the LVQs in the case where
messages do not have the key property set.
Will they be replaced or handled as separate messages?

The documentation for the Java Broker specifies that it will treat them
as separate messages that will not replace each other [2].
I could not find this information in the documentation for the cpp
broker [3].

Could somebody clarify this point?

Kind regards,
Lorenz

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-Java-Cpp-Test/3050/
[2]
https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.32/java-broker/book/Java-Broker-Management-Managing-Queues.html#Java-Broker-Management-Managing-Queues-Types-LVQ
[3]
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-cpp-0.34/cpp-broker/book/ch01s06.html

Re: qpidd behaviour for LVQs

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.
Lorenz,

It's my recollection that the CPP broker treats the absence of a key as
the "empty-key".  A message with no key will therefore replace an
existing message with no key.

-Ted