Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by William Lee <wl...@sendmail.com> on 2002/05/01 20:08:02 UTC

log4j errors?

I'm using Turbine 2.2b1 (with fulcrum and stratum at the same level, not
from CVS).  I somehow got the following error when I start up tomcat.
Is there any way to fix this?

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
(org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

--
William Lee (Will)        | Sendmail Inc.
Email:  wlee@sendmail.com | http://www.sendmail.com

Re: log4j errors?

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.
On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 12:08  PM, William Lee wrote:

> I'm using Turbine 2.2b1 (with fulcrum and stratum at the same level,
> not from CVS).  I somehow got the following error when I start up
> tomcat. Is there any way to fix this?
>
> log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category
> (org.apache.stratum.component.ComponentLoader).
> log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Log4j looks for a properties file in the classpath.  So
one solution would be to put a log4j.properties file into
your WEB-INF/classes directory.  You should also consult
log4j's documentation for information about configuring
the properties correctly.
-Eric