Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Tamas Penzes <ta...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2018/11/14 22:35:56 UTC

ZooKeeper website design change

Hi All,

I've done a few changes on the ZooKeeper website to eliminate any need of
installed additional software when generating the static web content.

In the meantime I've thought it's a good idea to refresh the site's design.
First I've tried to apply a similar styling as Apache HBase site has, but I
was not satisfied with the result. Afterwards I've refactored the styling
to use the newest Bootstrap with a simple but elegant and fully responsive
design. I like the result and am curious if you feel the same.

Based on the output of the following site (
https://whimsy.apache.org/site/project/zookeeper ) I've also added an
events page with the two most recent events. It would be a good idea to
continuously maintain this page.

Please give me feedback on my PR:
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/692

In the same time it would be good to know if I need any permit from the PMC
for such a change or if a committer likes it he/she can commit it?

If the feedbacks are positive I'd like to apply the same design for the
documentation.

Thanks, Tamaas

Re: ZooKeeper website design change

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Tamaas,
Do you have a staging site for easy preview?

Enrico

--

-- Enrico Olivelli