Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/30 06:15:32 UTC

[J2] Exceptions when clicking too fast

I was working on some actions last night when I ran across these exceptions.
The way I was able to get these to occur was to click on an action, and
while the page was still in the process of rendering, I would click on
another action and would end up at a blank screen.  The following exceptions
appeared in the log.

Just thought I would let you guys no about this.

Jeremy Ford
jford@apache.org

 [http8080-Processor2] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine -
JetspeedEngine unable to service request: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
Cyclic dependency
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cyclic dependency
      at
com.thoughtworks.proxy.toys.delegate.DelegatingInvoker.invoke(DelegatingInvo
ker.java:71)
      at
com.thoughtworks.proxy.toys.hotswap.HotSwappingInvoker.invoke(HotSwappingInv
oker.java:41)
      at
com.thoughtworks.proxy.factory.AbstractProxyFactory$CoincidentalInvocationHa
ndlerAdapter.invoke(AbstractProxyFactory.java:47)
      at $Proxy1.newFilter(Unknown Source)
      at
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.JetspeedProfiler.lookupPrincipalRule(Jetsp
eedProfiler.java:220)
      at
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.JetspeedProfiler.getRuleForPrincipal(Jetsp
eedProfiler.java:198)
      at
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.JetspeedProfiler.getProfile(JetspeedProfil
er.java:158)
      at
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.ProfilerValveImpl.invoke(ProfilerValveImpl
java:46)
      at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipelineja
va:255)

[http8080-Processor4] ERROR org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine -
JetspeedEngine unable to service request:
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.PipelineException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     at
org.apache.jetspeed.container.ContainerValve.invoke(ContainerValve.java:73)

      at
org.apache.jetspeed.pipeline.JetspeedPipeline.invokeNext(JetspeedPipelineja
va:255)
      at
org.apache.jetspeed.profiler.impl.ProfilerValveImpl.invoke(ProfilerValveImpl
java:57)

Jeremy Ford
jford@apache.org

Re: [J2] Exceptions when clicking too fast

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Jun 29, 2004, at 9:15 PM, Jeremy Ford wrote:

> I was working on some actions last night when I ran across these
> exceptions.
> The way I was able to get these to occur was to click on an action, and
> while the page was still in the process of rendering, I would click on
> another action and would end up at a blank screen.  The following
> exceptions
> appeared in the log.
>
> Just thought I would let you guys no about this.

I reproduced the error
JIRA issue is JS2-85