Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Guido Adolphi <st...@web.de> on 2007/07/31 09:52:11 UTC

How to use Axis2 services as part of an EAR with JBoss?

Hello,

I have the requirement to integrate the implementations of services created from a WSDL into an existing EAR running under JBoss 4.0.2. Thereby, the service implementations must have access to EJBs and other components within the respective EAR. Are there any recommendations or architectural considerations available on how to setup such an environment/implementation? Is it necessary to integrate the axis2.war into the EAR? And if so, how will the services be integrated (i.e. deployed) then?

Thank you very much for any hints in advance!

Best regards,
Guido Adolphi

RE: How to use Axis2 services as part of an EAR with JBoss?

Posted by Mi...@servicecanada.gc.ca.
I've done a similar thing with an application that is hosted on WebSphere.

My ear file consists of just one war file.

The war file is set up like a regular web application, but in the WEB-INF directory, I have a couple of extra directories: modules and services. My service .aar file is in there and just contains the META-INF directory with the services.xml file. The code for the actual web service is with the code for the rest of the web app, in WEB-INF/classes. All of the libraries that axis needs (including the axis libs) are in WEB-INF/lib.

The web application and the web service both share a common DAO class that uses hibernate to talk to the db. However, I'm sure I could have used EJB if I had wanted to.

Hope that helps,
Michael Davis
Ottawa