Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Russell E Glaue <rg...@cait.org> on 2011/06/28 16:33:30 UTC

Fwd: [CONF] Apache Geronimo v3.0 > Changing the default port numbers

The edit made to the G3.0 wiki is not correct at this time (GERONIMO-5987).

The etc/blueprint-activemq-placeholder.cfg is not used to change the PortOffset
in current trunk nor in 3.0-M1. I just tested this morning's snapshot to verify
it is still broken.

David Jencks is working to replace Blueprint with Spring DS. After which
hopefully this issue will be resolved, and the
etc/blueprint-activemq-placeholder.cfg config file will be removed.

That etc/blueprint-activemq-placeholder.cfg config file was a work-around to a
blueprint issue, and the work-around is also broken. So currently it is not
possible to change the ActiveMQ Port. And when it is fixed, we should be able to
use the config-substitution file once again.

You can refer to our previous conversation about this matter.
See this thread: ActiveMQ config-substitution change G2.2 vs G3.0,
http://markmail.org/message/bf6uta2o3fuesiki

-RG

Re: [CONF] Apache Geronimo v3.0 > Changing the default port numbers

Posted by Russell E Glaue <rg...@cait.org>.
Okay, I got it.
So then we should try to resolve this ActiveMQ issue (GERONIMO-5987) with the
code as is, without waiting for osgi DS, right? Or did you feel that we should
wait for osgi DS support in order to resolve the issue?

If we're not waiting for osgi DS, is it okay to try and get the issue resolved
temporarily using the etc/blueprint-activemq-placeholder.cfg config file?

-RG

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Russell E Glaue <rg...@cait.org>.

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Russell E Glaue <rg...@cait.org>.
Yes - I am on pins and needles to be able to resolve this issue.
This issue prevents the javaee6 server from running multiple instances.

The ActiveMQ temporary directory is also an issue. It cannot be changed
currently due to the same problem. So starting up a second instance under the
same install base freezes, caused by a race condition for the same lock-file on
disk. It should use a temp directory under org.apache.geronimo.server.name and
not org.apache.geronimo.server.home .

-RG

Posted by Russell E Glaue <rg...@cait.org>.
I think you were right to have something in their about ActiveMQ, since it
currently does not work as documented.
So I added a note about it, and referenced the JIRA.

Thanks.

Posted by chi runhua <ch...@gmail.com>.