Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/01 10:25:59 UTC

Re: Camel, Netty, and IdleStateHandler

Hi

Do you refer to the netty producers channel pool and when those
channels are idle?

I dont think we have exposed an API for that that you can easily use.
Though commons-pool ought to have APIs for onIdle so its possible
doable to expose a SPI API for end users to use, to allow them doing
custom stuff like your "keep alive" use-case.

Feel free to dive into the codebase, and as we love contributions.
Then patches is welcome

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 2:19 AM, fbarbat <fb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to send echo messages when channels are idle. However, I don't know
> how this feature fits nicely with Camel channel pool. How can I tell camel
> not to use some channels while I'm sending an echo message? Is it possible?
> I was thinking to implement a handler which locks the channel, but that
> doesn't feel like a clean implementation. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com