Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Gaasch, Derek" <dg...@montana.edu> on 2003/10/09 22:52:57 UTC

more maven build trouble

I decided that since my problem posted earlier (see below) hasn't gotten any
response, this would be a good time to get involved with the turbine source
code. Yikes. I got maven, got the source tree.... and now? I'm using the RC1
maven code & on "maven" I get a ton of errors that look like "$basePrefix"
errors. I found some archived mail about these kinds of problems --
specifically that since b9 you need to put some torque stuff into a
properties file:

torque.addGetByNameMethod = true
torque.addIntakeRetrievable = false
torque.addSaveMethod = true
torque.addTimeStamp = true
torque.basePrefix = Base
torque.complexObjectModel = true
torque.useManagers = false
torque.useClasspath = true
torque.saveException = Exception

However, no matter what properties file I try, I cant get it to fix the
problem. Any suggestions? I've tried:

{PROJECT_PATH}/project.properties
{PROJECT_PATH}/build.properties
as well as
{MAVEN_PLUGIN_DIR}/project.properties

-d

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Any patches submitted would be great..  Maybe you can look up the current
system property and change it to us?  Or, although it seems like heck, maybe
add more versions and and add some docs about why the unit test fails?

Things that depend on external resources (like the country code) are hard to
test...  Any patches are happily accepted!  Possibly you could also add a
section to the xdocs highlighting that it may fail on non us platforms,
since I expect localization to be built by non US folks a lot!

Eric

Posted by Angelo Turetta <at...@commit.it>.
[...]

org.apache.fulcrum.localization.DefaultLocalizationService.getString(Default

RE: more maven build trouble

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Welcome to the only part about Maven that sucks..  Building Turbine!  Derek,
you are using RC1?  Did you build it yourself or download from the web..?
You should be able to put the properties in your turbine root directory..

{PROJECT_PATH}/project.properties is correct...

Also, try doing a maven clean, and then maven jar..  It should work, if not
I can send you the correct version of the torque plugin offline..

Eric