Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ian Koelliker <IK...@axsone.com> on 2015/01/15 18:10:57 UTC

index corruption with Lucene 2.9.4

Hello,
We are seeing some weird instances of index corruption periodically when using Lucene 2.9.4. There are two specific cases we are seeing.

1)      We are using the compound format and have noticed that sometimes we get errors when searching noting that files are missing (i.e. .fnm, .fdt, etc.) even though we have a .cfs file

2)      We have an index that is searchable but it appears that the stored terms for some of the documents have been lost (i.e. searching is successful, but the expected stored terms for those messages are not there). Running the CheckIndex tool on this index fails.

Any ideas how these scenarios could occur? Are there any known issues in Lucene 2.9.4 that would cause this to happen?

Thanks,
Ian

RE: index corruption with Lucene 2.9.4

Posted by Ian Koelliker <IK...@axsone.com>.
Thanks for the information. We are going to be upgrading to a newer version of Lucene, but we cannot upgrade to version 4.x yet due to the fact that 4.x cannot read older index formats. The best we can do currently is upgrade to the latest 3.x which appears to have the same problem.

Best to upgrade Lucene (we stopped relying on File.exists a while back).

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.