Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/13 11:06:20 UTC

Site and current documentation placement

I don't want to pitch in the discussion on how to solve the
documentation dilemma so this is not a post about it.

I would like to put to dev attention that now that Tapestry 5.1 is
stable and a GA release the documentation and the whole site should be
put in place of the "old" site about 5.0 release to preserve link
pointers and bookmarks to point to the current latest stable release.

I mean instead of having 5.1 site and doc under
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.1 context we should keep it under
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5 and have the "old" 5.0 site and
doc under http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5.0 so outside link to
Tapestry5 which still point to tapestry5 could be preserved and
information is pointed to the correct and current documentation.

I'm following the recent discussion about the recent announcement by
Google Guice and Spring for their proposed standard injection
annotation and i've found a lot of pointers to T5 IoC (which is
great!) example and concept but all points to the old 5.0 site, and
this could cause the loss of the new features and concept from T5 IoC
evolution.

Regards
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: Site and current documentation placement

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Those should be all relative links.

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 2:54 AM, Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 7:03 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I could see renaming tapestry5 as tapestry5.0 and having a
>> "tapestry5/" symlink point to tapestry5.1 (and later, 5.2), so it's
>> always current ... but you can (if you want) reference the versioned
>> content.
>
> Some links from modules documentation head (tapestry logo) point to
> tapestry5 and not tapestry5.1 too
>
> Regards
> --
> Massimo
> http://meridio.blogspot.com

Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry
Director of Open Source Technology at Formos

Re: Site and current documentation placement

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Wed, 13 May 2009 14:03:53 -0300, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> I haven't been keeping up with the discussion, though I did sign up
> for the expert group.

All the discussion I could find was in
http://crazybob.org/2009/05/announcing-javaxinjectinject.html. I signed up
for the expert group mailing list, but there were no messages yet nor my
membership was approved or rejected.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago

Re: Site and current documentation placement

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.