Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by terry xian <fx...@yahoo.com> on 2020/09/01 20:32:32 UTC

Could someone review my pull request 12695 ?

Hi,
My pull request [BEAM-8758] Google-cloud-spanner upgrade to 1.59.0 and google_cloud_bigtable_client_core to 1.16.0 by terryxian78 · Pull Request #12695 · apache/beam  was there for more than 3 days. Although I've added a reviewer (lukecwik), I am afraid that I missed something which might cause the PR not noticed (it is my first PR in Beam). I've asked some folks which work on spanner change review my change but need committee member for approval.
Could someone in committee review my PR?
Thanks!

|  |  |

|  |
[BEAM-8758] Google-cloud-spanner upgrade to 1.59.0 and google_cloud_bigt...

Fixes https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-8758 R: @lukecwik CC: @suztomo The changes are: The main purpo...

Re: Could someone review my pull request 12695 ?

Posted by Niel Markwick <ni...@google.com>.
I have a bug/PR open on the spanner client libraries, but replacing
ImmutableList with List would be a breaking API change for them compared to
an already-released version, and so will be unlikely to be fixed soon

Posted by terry xian <fx...@yahoo.com>.
As nielm pointed out in his comment of my PR, I added this because

"spanner API change that exposes Guava classes is:
googleapis/java-spanner/pull/81,

Specifically, adding AsyncResultSet in googleapis/java-spanner/pull/81/files#diff-7a9cb34faeb259be46b44f1878b7210f

which returns an ImmutableList."

Without this addition, the ApiSurface test would fail,  please see: beam_PreCommit_Java_Commit #13264 test - testGcpApiSurface [Jenkins]. So I was suggested to add new exposed class explicitly.

|  |

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.