Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Nikolay Izhikov <ni...@apache.org> on 2020/10/09 09:54:56 UTC

[DISCUSSION] python code style checks

Hello!

Kafka uses relatively strict code style for Java code.
Code style enforces during project build.

But, for now, we doesn’t check python test code style.
I’ve checked system tests code with the default pylint settings and got the following results - "Your code has been rated at 5.98/10»

I propose to add python code style checks to the codebase and process and fix code style issues.

What do you think?

Re: [DISCUSSION] python code style checks

Posted by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org>.
Thanks Nikolay,

Sounds good to me in principle. I think linters serve a useful purpose.

When it comes to the specific configuration, maybe you can open a POC PR so we can see what the formatter will do.

Thanks,
John

Posted by Brandon Brown <br...@bbrownsound.com>.