Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/05 15:12:35 UTC

Preview features not enabling

Preview features in Netbeans 11.2(and above) aren't being activated
despite being enabled in the maven build file:

                 <version>3.6.2</version>
                 <configuration>
                     <release>15</release> <!-- <release>13</release> -->
<compilerArg>--enable-preview</compilerArg>
                     <compilerArg>--add-modules
jdk.incubator.foreign</compilerArg>
                     <compilerArg>--open-modules
jdk.incubator.foreign.unsafe</compilerArg>
                 </configuration>

Or at least there is no indication that it is and I can't make a record.
Is there a way to tell if preview features are enabled?

Re: Preview features not enabling

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Anything you find, just file an issue so it can be tracked.

Gj

Posted by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com>.
On 3/5/20 10:41 AM, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> If you want to make it less wordy, please do so. :-)

"In order to use JDK 14 features, such as records, you will need to run
Netbeans 11.3 on JDK 14 and have the nb-javac plugin uninstalled."

Where "nb-javac plugin uninstalled" should probably link to a wiki page
on how to uninstall it, if one exists.

> And though newer JDKs than 14 may work with NetBeans right now, we
> haven't tried that out or targeted those releases, so best to leave it
> so that we don't imply that we have.

Fair enough.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ty Young <yo...@gmail.com>.