Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Glenn Jones <gl...@ghjones.co.uk> on 2021/02/24 12:55:43 UTC

NIFI-8154

Hello,

Just wondering if there is anything I can do to help progress NIFI-8154?
I've submitted a PR that I think addresses the issue, but I guess it's a
low priority so it hasn't received any attention.  It would be great to get
this fixed in a release of NiFi so we don't have to keep building our own
patched builds.

Regards,

Glenn

Re: NIFI-8154

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Glenn

We have a really large backlog of PRs to work through and while we
don't tend to work them in order there are things which make them
harder/easier.

1. Please subscribe to the mailing list so your emails to the list do
not require moderation and you receive the notes.
2. The JIRA has a Github PR on it but that was closed in favor of your
patch.  Patches alone can work but they add far more time consumption
to the reviewer as the responsibility goes to them to verify the full
clean build which the PR process takes care of.  So it just adds
risk/likelihood that someone wont want to jump on it.
3. This touches Parquet versions and historically we've been burned by
various independent version changes in the Hadoop family around hdfs
clients, avro versions, parquet versions, zookeeper versions, etc.  It
requires more time/confirmation.

Anyway, I provide this for perspective and how to help increase the
odds of this being worked in a timely fashion.  Doesn't mean it
cant/wont as is.

Thanks