Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Rahul Agarwal (Flipkart Data Group)" <ra...@flipkart.com.INVALID> on 2019/04/05 07:07:57 UTC

Kafka replication throttling on broker level

Hi,

We are using Kafka 1.0.2 and wanted to rate limit when a broker is replaced
and it syncs up with other brokers in the cluster. I followed the below doc
for the same:
https://kafka.apache.org/10/documentation.html#rep-throttle

According to this
document, leader.replication.throttled.rate,
follower.replication.throttled.rate
can be applied on broker level which I did but it didn't do anything. I had
to apply leader.replication.throttled.replicas,
follower.replication.throttled.replicas too *which this document doesn't
mention anywhere(that replica config needs to be applied too for rate
config to work)*. We don't want to apply replica config per topic level
basis as when new topics are created, we will have to apply the same config
for them too. Is there any way to do the same?

Also, can you please update the documentation too?

Thanks,
Rahul

Re: Kafka replication throttling on broker level

Posted by "Rahul Agarwal (Flipkart Data Group)" <ra...@flipkart.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

My Jira Id is rahul.mnit

Please add me to the contributors list.