Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/29 16:17:13 UTC

using tomcat maven plugin

I am struggling hard to setup datasource in tomact, mine is embedded tomcat
through maven plugin , please  help me in setting up dataasource for
embedded tomcat

RE: using tomcat maven plugin

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: fachhoch [mailto:fachhoch@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: using tomcat maven plugin
>
> Sorry for not answering in that thread.
> Here are the plugin details
>
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/deployment.html

In a brief review of the doc for that plugin, I saw nothing to indicate that it would generate the <Context> element or any necessary included elements (such as <Resource>); creation of those would seem to be your responsibility, or that of any IDE you might be using.  Since the plugin is not part of Tomcat, you'll need to get help from whatever support group might exist for the plugin.

To tell the truth, I can't quite see the point of the plugin, other than satisfying those who think everything has to be mavenized.  ("If your only tool is a hammer...")

 - Chuck

RE: using tomcat maven plugin

Posted by fachhoch <fa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Muralidhar Yaragalla <ya...@gmail.com>.
Are u trying to create data source from outside tomcat by program?