Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com> on 2016/02/18 01:59:00 UTC

malhar dependency in apex-app-archetype

Currently we include a dependency to malhar-library in apps generated using
apex-app-archetype. This results in a soft dependency from apex to malhar,
namely a previously released version of malhar, which is reverse of the
build dependency.

Secondly we only include malhar-library and not malhar-contrib even though
it is a component of malhar possibly because the user would still need to
include the transitive dependencies based on the application. This again
makes the out-of-box experience a little less consistent.

How about not including the malhar-library dependency in the generated
default pom.xml.

Thanks

Re: malhar dependency in apex-app-archetype

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@datatorrent.com>.
Would also be good to transform the test into a more meaningful piece that
checks actual results.

Posted by Pramod Immaneni <pr...@datatorrent.com>.
Comments sounds good.

Posted by David Yan <da...@datatorrent.com>.