Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/17 13:10:50 UTC

Re: [question] IOTDB-528,different sampling intervals

Hi,

> <1h: no sampling
1h~1d : intervals = 1m
1d~30d:intervals = 1h
>30d:intervals = 1d

Looks ok to me.

> Maybe adding a parameter in config to let users decide whether to enable
down sampling is better.

Of course. If there is no such a switch, some users may think the data is
error.

Besides, we can also add a parameter to let users define which aggregation
function to use to downsampling the data, e.g., agv, max, min, random,
first, last, etc..

Any suggestion? @Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>

Best,
Xiangdong Huang