Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Roland Oertig <ro...@dplanet.ch> on 2006/01/13 13:24:39 UTC

RE: Maven 2

Hi
Being new to SM I'm wondering how decisions are taken in that project and by
whom, to go in one direction or the other. In some Apache project the
committers, sometimes the users can vote about project directions, options
and decisions.

Interestingly, at the last JavaPolis (Java-Conference in Dec05) a Maven
session was held where they clearly recommended that project based on m1
should move to m2 and new projects shall use m2, as m2 is the future and it
will take long time till an m3 will be available.

Although there are obviously still some configuration problems in SM with
m2, IMHO I would prefer to keep it in m2 and improve it over the time,
instead of going back to m1.
Basically m2 in SM works thought it is sometimes frustrating that it is not
(yet) very stable. But I experience that it becomes more stable from day to
day (or at least week to week).

What do you think about, should SM fall back to m1 or continue with m2?

I'm wondering about the "voice of the users".

My vote for m2: [+1]

Cheers
Roland