Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 12:06:47 UTC

page version and forms

Hello

Recently I found wicket tree control

http://wicket-tree.appspot.com/nested

 and one there is a thing I can't understand: while the page contains
Form it looks like not versioned. I mean there are no version number
in a url.
How does it work then? Is there any clear way to build pages
containing Form without explicit version number in url except some
black magic involved ( modified MountedMapper )

--
Best regards
Alexandr

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Martin,
> does it really makes any difference? Lack of stateless navigation does
> ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-1086 )

I'm not sure what you mean by referring to this ticket. I guess you
just found out that your page is stateful because you use
PagingNavigator. I believe it is quite easy to make a stateless
version of the navigator.

Maybe the topic of Wicket 7 should be "Stateless".

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com>.
Martin,
> [...]

>> Component>() {
>>                 @Override
>>                 public void component(Component component,
>> IVisit<Component> iVisit) {
>>                     if (!component.isStateless()) {
>>                         LOGGER.info("Stateful component found [ "
>>                                 + component.getClass().getName() + " : "
>>                                 + component.getMarkupId() + " ]");
>>
>>                         // iVisit.stop(component);
>>                     }
>>                 }
>>             });
>>         }
>>
>> If in need of test detection, extract visitor to separate class and
>> instantiate pages with WicketTester.
>>

>> On 21 August 2012 15:47, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Sorry for being stubborn but having '?wicket:interface=:0:1:::' in the
>>> url means that this is Wicket pre-1.5 ;-)
>>>
>>> I guess Sven will join this conversation later today and explain in

Best regards
Alexandr

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

These components have been merged in Wicket 6.
You can see the demo at
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples-6.0.x/tree
and the code in org.apache.wicket.extensions.markup.html.repeater.tree
package in wicket-extensions module.
The javadocs are also improved.

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com>.
Sven while you are here:
why no documentation for Tree? Nothing at all? Right now I face a
problem - tree do not persist it's state (Bookmarcable links, copied
from example) and I have no clue where to see.

On 21 August 2012 21:38, Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net> wrote:
> And the winner is ... Martin!
>
> On AppEngine I still have Wicket 1.4.x running.
>
> Sven
>

> On 08/21/2012 02:59 PM, Martin Grigorov wrote:
>>
>> The Google Code repo contains 1.5 but the deployed app is using pre-1.5
>> version.
>> I can bet on this.
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Martin,
>>>
>>> http://wicket-tree.googlecode.com/svn/repo/wicket-tree/wicket-tree-parent/0.5.0/wicket-tree-parent-0.5.0.pom
>>> Again, no 1.4 at all. Not in one place. Moreover,
>>> '?wicket:interface=:0:1:::'  doesn't means 1.4 is in action. Just take
>>
>> Is there a reason why you don't trust me ? :-)
>> wicket:interface is no more used in 1.5+, unless the application adds
>> it explicitly. Wicket (the framework) doesn't use it anymore.
>>
>>> a look at event listener implementation.
>>>
>>> About the problem: the page I gave link for is really stateless but it
>>> is not meant to be, it just happened. If user choose any other tree
>>> renders version number eager to appear.
>>> The most Wicket problem right now is it's occult state. Wiki is
>>> hopelessly outdated, most of the examples refer to 1.2.-1.3 version...
>>
>> Most of them are actually still valid.
>> There are new pages labeled with "wicket15" and "wicket6" which refer
>> to the new features in 1.5 and 6.0 respect.
>>

>>> If someone wonder how to determine why his page is stateful here is
>>> the solution:
>>
>> There is StatelessChecker in wicket-devutils for this task.
>>
>>> if (!isPageStateless()) {
>>>              visitChildren(Component.class, new IVisitor<Component,
>>> Component>() {
>>>                  @Override
>>>                  public void component(Component component,
>>> IVisit<Component> iVisit) {
>>>                      if (!component.isStateless()) {
>>>                          LOGGER.info("Stateful component found [ "
>>>                                  + component.getClass().getName() + " : "
>>>                                  + component.getMarkupId() + " ]");
>>>
>>>                          // iVisit.stop(component);
>>>                      }
>>>                  }
>>>              });
>>>          }
>>>
>>> If in need of test detection, extract visitor to separate class and
>>> instantiate pages with WicketTester.

>>> --
>>> Best regards
>>> Alexandr

Best regards
Alexandr

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
And the winner is ... Martin!

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com>.
Martin,
> [...]

> more details.
>
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Martin
>> with all my respect but their build script uses
>>
>>                 <dependency>
>>                         <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
>>                         <artifactId>wicket-core</artifactId>
>>                         <version>${wicket.version}</version>
>>                 </dependency>
>>
>> ${wicket.version} derived from parent pom where
>> <wicket.version>1.5.0</wicket.version>
>>
>> So,
>> 1. no stateless form
>> 2. it is 1.5
>> 3. it's pretty easy to ensure yourself just by looking into code
>> http://code.google.com/p/wicket-tree/wiki/RunningExamples It even
>> can't be compiled under 1.4
>>
>> Anyway: what does your answer has to do with my question? One more
>> time: how that example manage not to increase page version shown in

Best regards
Alexandr

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com>.
It's obvious that selection of leafs (implemented as
BookmarcableLinks) is NOT handled by Ajax.

BookmarkableFolderContent.java : 62

					PageParameters parameters = new PageParameters();
					parameters.add("foo", foo.getId());

					return new BookmarkablePageLink<Void>(id, tree.getPage()
							.getClass(), parameters);

Or you can take a look at FB console and see network activity.

Best regards
Alexandr

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Pointbreak <po...@ml1.net>.

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com>.
Martin
with all my respect but their build script uses

		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
			<artifactId>wicket-core</artifactId>
			<version>${wicket.version}</version>
		</dependency>

${wicket.version} derived from parent pom where
<wicket.version>1.5.0</wicket.version>

So,
1. no stateless form
2. it is 1.5
3. it's pretty easy to ensure yourself just by looking into code
http://code.google.com/p/wicket-tree/wiki/RunningExamples It even
can't be compiled under 1.4

Anyway: what does your answer has to do with my question? One more
time: how that example manage not to increase page version shown in
url on every tree node selection?
thanks

On 21 August 2012 14:39, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
> The deployed examples use Wicket 1.4.
>
> http://wicket-tree.appspot.com/?wicket:interface=:0:1:::
>
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:35 PM, Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> They are using
>> Form<Void> form = new Form<Void>("form");
>>
>> and still no version in url on round-trips. Also, FilterForm from
>> Wicket API doesn't extends StatelessForm while your answer states that
>> must be the case.
>>

>> On 21 August 2012 14:20, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Use StatelessForm instead.

>>> --
>>> Martin Grigorov
>>> jWeekend
>>> Training, Consulting, Development
>>> http://jWeekend.com

>> --
>> Best regards
>> Alexandr

> Martin Grigorov
> jWeekend
> Training, Consulting, Development
> http://jWeekend.com

Best regards
Alexandr

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Re: page version and forms

Posted by Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com>.
They are using
Form<Void> form = new Form<Void>("form");

and still no version in url on round-trips. Also, FilterForm from
Wicket API doesn't extends StatelessForm while your answer states that
must be the case.

On 21 August 2012 14:20, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
> Use StatelessForm instead.
>
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Alex Shubert <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> Recently I found wicket tree control
>>
>> http://wicket-tree.appspot.com/nested
>>
>>  and one there is a thing I can't understand: while the page contains
>> Form it looks like not versioned. I mean there are no version number
>> in a url.
>> How does it work then? Is there any clear way to build pages
>> containing Form without explicit version number in url except some
>> black magic involved ( modified MountedMapper )
>>

>> --
>> Best regards
>> Alexandr

> Martin Grigorov