Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/01 02:39:27 UTC

Re: LDAP Authentication with CloudStack 4.2

Ian Duffy worked on ACS and LDAP UI integration that would allow you to add
users via UI. Though it is part of 4.3 release.

For 4.2 releases, if i recall correctly, you need to have 1 valid user that
BINDs to LDAP, but it does not automagically pull in all users. You still
have to manually add usernames.

On Thursday, February 27, 2014, Kiran Koneti <ki...@citrix.com>
wrote:
> Hi Brent,
>
> In the version 4.2 and 4.2.1 there is no way to directly import the Ldap
users into the CS,hence we nee to manually create the Ldap users in the CS
with the desired role which we want to give for that particular ldap user
in the CS giving some random password. The Ldap user can then login to the
CS using this password or else can login to the CS using the LDap password.
> When the user tries to login CS initially validates the password with the
local db and if the password doesn't match it tries to validate with the
ldap password for the same user and provides the authentication for the
user.

how to authenticate a user now.

> From what I have read, there is some talk that I need to create a regular
cloudstack user and it will auto-magically auth to LDAP. I have tried this
and doesn't seem to work as I can only login with the password set when the
user is created in the cloudstack webgui.

http://www.tendrilinc.com/news-room/blog/>
> <http://www.tendrilinc.com/>

addressed.
> If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.
> Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.