Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Hasan <ha...@apache.org> on 2014/05/14 07:11:03 UTC

Re: clerezza.apache.org way out of date

Dear Reto, all

I tried the editor yesterday evening and it seems that we still hava a
problem with the editor.
I'd like to fix at least the links on clerezza website. I think I can just
manually (using normal
text editor) to edit graph.nt of the site folder and with deploy.sh (with
local clerezza instance
started) to deploy it to the webserver.
I think this should work or do I miss something here?

Cheers
Hasan

Posted by Reto Gmür <re...@wymiwyg.com>.
Hi Hasan,

On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org> wrote:

> Hi Reto, all
>
> I think I already used the new platform.editor since I compiled the latest
> code in repo
> and used tdb launcher to run zz.
>
> I got the following error when trying to open the graph and the resource
> (downloads/index.html):
>
> In Chromium:
> Uncaught ReferenceError: netscape is not defined util.js:170
> Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function widget-factory.js:957
>
> In FireFox:
> TypeError: Util.XMLHTTPFactory is not a function
> ...hr = Util.XMLHTTPFactory(); // returns a new XMLHttpRequest, or ActiveX
> XMLHTTP ...
> widget-factory.js (line 957)
>
> TypeError: netscape.security.PrivilegeManager is undefined
> 'enablePrivilege': netscape.security.PrivilegeManager.enablePrivilege,
> util.js
> (line 170)
>
> This sound you are using the old editor whcih only works in old firefox
versions.

The one being built is in the platform.editor bundle. It accessed by adding
?mode=edit to the page you want to edit.

> I gave up and edit "some" files manually and deployed those files.
> Updating zz webpages is somehow complicated. I haven't checked all pages
> whether everything's
> alright. Would be glad if anyone can have a look.
> I wonder if we can edit for example the footer of pages in one place only.
> I have to edit the same
> links on many places, because they appear in each html file.

Most pages hould be generated by the HeadedPageRenderlet renderlet. The
static files should be avoided so that the footer has to be adapted only in
that renderlet.

> I hope at least the links on the webpages are up-to-date and not broken
> anymore.
>

> I also placed a doap.rdf file in the root path of
> clerezza.apache.orgwebsite.
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLEREZZA-910

Great thanks. The next step would be to add a renderlet for DOAP.

Cheers,
Reto

Posted by Hasan Hasan <ha...@trialox.org>.
Hi Reto, all