Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jing Xue <jx...@digizenstudio.com> on 2005/07/10 06:51:26 UTC

Xerces error with JDK 5.0

Hi,

I'm trying the 1.1 beta with a minimal project and got this error while
just running 'maven' under JDK 5:

javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl not found
        at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:113)

I copied xercesImpl.jar into maven's lib directory, and tried 'maven'
again.  Everything worked.  But when I went ahead and tried 'maven
java:compile', it failed again with the same error.

Did anybody else run into this?

Thanks.
--Jing Xue

Re: Xerces error with JDK 5.0

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Please read the important note in the installation instructions. You
have MAVEN_HOME set to 1.1, but have 1.0.2 ahead of it in your PATH.

- Brett