Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Tudor, Liviu @Cimage" <Li...@cimage.com> on 2003/04/07 13:44:00 UTC

ANT Inside IBM WebSphere Application Developer

Hi!
I've run recently into all sorts of problems trying to update my version of
Ant inside WSAD v.4.1.0. I've followed Barry Searle's article and renamed
the old files, sticked the new ones in (well, there was no antsupport.jar
but I assume this is ok). Then I've modified the plugin.xml file
accordingly, restarted WSAD, and when clicking on the "Run Ant..." item in
the menu nothing happens. I then figured it that the problem might be due to
the fact that the new version of Ant is using Xerces2 while WSAD still
relies on an old version of Xerces, so I've created a new org.apache.xerces2
plugin directory under plugins and put in there the latest version of
Xerces2. I've changed the plugin.xml file for ant to include this plugin
directory rather than the old one, restarted again and still nothing happens
when I select "Run Ant..." from the menu. Has somebody got a definite list
of what, where and how needs modifying in order to get latest Ant running in
WSAD? Barry's article only spends a couple of lines on this issue and it
doesn't seem to be that simple.
Thanks!

Liviu Tudor <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Cimage Novasoft Limited
: www.cimagenovasoft.com <http://www.cimagenovasoft.com/>
+ liviut@cimage.com <ma...@cimage.com>
(Fax: +44 (0)1344 767701
(Direct Line: +44 (0)1344 767759
*Centennial Court, Easthampstead Road, Bracknell, BERKS, RG12 1JZ

Sun Java Certified Programmer

If you make something idiot-proof, the world will always create a better
idiot.