Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2007/05/16 19:29:16 UTC

Re: svn commit: r538647

Hi Oleg,

> Initial port of the authentication code from Commons HttpClient 3.x
>
> Added:
>     jakarta/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/src/java/org/apache/http/client/AuthenticationHandler.java   (with props)
>     jakarta/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/src/java/org/apache/http/client/protocol/RequestProxyAuthentication.java   (with props)
>     jakarta/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/src/java/org/apache/http/client/protocol/RequestTargetAuthentication.java   (with props)

When I find the time, I will have a look at that. I want to
make sure that (until beta) possible UI code for querying a
password is _not_ called by an interceptor, but previously
by the handler.

Things at work are heating up though. My available time is
getting even shorter.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: svn commit: r538647

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 19:29 +0200, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> > Initial port of the authentication code from Commons HttpClient 3.x
> >
> > Added:
> >     jakarta/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/src/java/org/apache/http/client/AuthenticationHandler.java   (with props)
> >     jakarta/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/src/java/org/apache/http/client/protocol/RequestProxyAuthentication.java   (with props)
> >     jakarta/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/src/java/org/apache/http/client/protocol/RequestTargetAuthentication.java   (with props)
>
> When I find the time, I will have a look at that. I want to
> make sure that (until beta) possible UI code for querying a
> password is _not_ called by an interceptor, but previously
> by the handler.

Hi Roland

Protocol interceptors merely generate the required authentication
request headers based on the content of the auth state objects stored in
the HTTP context. ClientRequestDirector and AuthenticationHandler are
still responsible for managing the authentication state and updating the
auth state objects. So, certainly no UI calls from protocol
interceptors.

> Things at work are heating up though. My available time is
> getting even shorter.

This is a pity. I think I will have all outstanding tasks targeted for
HttpClient 4.0-ALPHA1 release completed by the end of the month. Some
code review would definitely be very nice. But first things first.

Cheers

Oleg