Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net> on 2005/02/08 01:03:31 UTC

Re: svn commit: r151785 - in spamassassin/trunk: ./ lib/Mail/ lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/ lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/ lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Util/ rules/ spamd/ t/

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:35:16PM -0000, parker@apache.org wrote:
> Added:
>     spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin/AWL.pm
>     spamassassin/trunk/rules/60_awl.cf
> Modified:
>     spamassassin/trunk/INSTALL
>     spamassassin/trunk/MANIFEST
>     spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm
>     spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/AutoWhitelist.pm
>     spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf.pm
>     spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/EvalTests.pm
>     spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgLearner.pm
>     spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/PerMsgStatus.pm
>     spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Plugin.pm
>     spamassassin/trunk/lib/Mail/SpamAssassin/Util/DependencyInfo.pm
>     spamassassin/trunk/rules/10_misc.cf
>     spamassassin/trunk/rules/60_whitelist.cf
>     spamassassin/trunk/rules/init.pre
>     spamassassin/trunk/spamassassin.raw
>     spamassassin/trunk/spamd/spamd.raw
>     spamassassin/trunk/t/db_awl_path.t

Wow, that's a lot of work, nice! ;)

Would it be possible for us to take this opportunity and rename AWL to
something more accurate?

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
You do not have mail.

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 07:03:31PM -0500, Theo Van Dinter wrote:

> Would it be possible for us to take this opportunity and rename AWL to
> something more accurate?

Well, that is the next step.  Making AWL a plugin was necessary in
order to help folks transition to the new History plugin (in progress
but not much more than a little code and lots of notes).  It will have
a different DB structure but very much the same spirit.  Once the
History plugin goes in, AWL can be considered deprecated and we can
remove it anytime after 3.1.

Michael