Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Yossie Teitz <yo...@reachcast.co.il> on 2001/01/09 13:47:34 UTC

Bug 724: more data

Dear supporter,

I noticed that these fields got left out of the bug report. I didn't want
them to be missed so I included them in this mail.

Thanks,
Yossie

Reproduction:

1. Create a build.xml file in directory c:/temp/x#y.
2. Run ant.
3. Watch it fail with the following error:
   java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\temp\x

Workaround:

Changed the method org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.parse() by switching
the line:
    saxParser.parse(buildFile, new RootHandler());

to:
    FileInputStream inputStream = new FileInputStream(buildFile);
    saxParser.parse(inputStream, new RootHandler());

SAXParser.parse has different versions that take different input arguments.
ANT currently calls SAXParser.parse(File, HandlerBase). Since we know that
we are using a buildfile, we open the file and  pass its InputStream to
SAXParser.parse(InputStream, HandlerBase).