Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mike Brinker <mi...@mfasco.com> on 2001/04/12 22:05:42 UTC

html form for httaccess/htpasswd login

Hello,

I have a folder password protected on my apache server using the htaccess & htpasswd files.  When the web visitor tries to access the page (and consequential directory/folder) that I have protected, the "enter network password" login screen pops up.  I would like to have a simple form field for
username
password
that the visitor can complete and then click a login button to access the folder (not bypassing the sercurity of httaccess/htpasswd) to access the protected folder.
Is the a script that is available to include with my form to allow for this.  What are others doing?

Thanks,

Mike