Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Joonas Tuomisto <jo...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/06 08:27:50 UTC

OpenSUSE and the FreeRDP plugin

Hi,

I built & tested Guacamole on OpenSUSE Leap and I'm having problems getting the
FreeRDP plugin working... Does anyone have experience with setting
this up on OpenSUSE?

I get the standard error:
---
Cannot create static channel "name": failed to load "guac-common-svc"
plugin for FreeRDP
---

On OpenSUSE, the FreeRDP libraries reside in /usr/lib64 -
libfreerdp-client2.so is there.
Creating a freerdp2/ directory under there and placing the Guacamole
shared objects there
does not seem to be working...

On OpenSUSE FreeRDP appears to be built with builtin channels so there
are no separate
shared objects for them.

Does FreeRDP have to be built with non-builtin channels for this to
work or is my plugin path
just incorrect? Or is the issue something else entirely?